Sunday 11 January 2009

Snail Mail


I mentioned that getting back into my old habits of being a dedicated pen-pal is one of my new years resolutions. I've been looking online at people who have a love for snail mail. Samara O'shea seems very dedicated. I'd like to read her book, For the Love of Letters. Also I love this book by Harriet Russell. It shows her illustrated encrypted envelopes that the nice people at Royal Mail had to work out, so as to know where to send each letter. Its fun and I like that she went to Glasgow Art School. It reminds me of living there and my friend in America sending me very fun packages. Picture from the envelope art project.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! I was browsing the web for personal knowledge, finding your blog interesting!
    I will with a simple, well made, wrote a moving, beautiful photos and how immaginerà not know English very well. I am sure it will include any spelling mistakes, I apologize in advance. I'm an Italian boy who writes poems, with a dream in the drawer, open a room in Paris a winbar.
    I would not mind a comment, what I write, in my humble Italian site,
    in thanks for the inadvertent intrusion greetings
    Carlo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails